WWF zoekt Internship - Youth Department
In this role, you will be responsible for helping the Youth Engagement Officer in building a team of young volunteers who will act, inspire, and motivate others to protect nature! You will also support the Communications Officer in building an online Youth Community through which we engage with youth on topics as sustainable diets, climate change, SDGs and biodiversity loss.
You are co-responsible for building a community of youth and supporting an environment for Youth-led-actions: young people are full of good ideas! Together with the WWF network, we support young people in transforming their ideas into reality and to empower them to become Youth Changemakers:
- You assist the Youth Engagement Officer in various administrative tasks.
- You are co-organizing different youth activities and coordinate, coach and motivate the team of youth volunteers.
- You co-organize and facilitate meetings and workshops in a creative, participative manner (together with the youth).
- You support youth in their youth-led actions (events organization e.g.)
You follow up the implementation of the European funded project “Eat4Change” (until May 2024), a project that has for objective to make young people aware of the impact of their food on biodiversity and the planet:
- You are passionate about the topic of sustainable diets.
- You support the content creation and promotion of a European online Youth Engagement Platform (i-Eat4Change.com). You support the group of youth volunteers creating content for the platform and participate to their regular meetings.
You also support our Communications Officer in building an online Youth Community:
- You help grow, together with the Youth Team, the visibility of the WWF Youth department with attractive content on its webpages, youth newsletter and social media channels.
- You know through which communication channels to reach out to the target group, and you know your way around it (Instagram, TikTok… any other upcoming relevant channels).
- You are in 3rd year Bachelor or in your Masters in communication and/or events organization
- Proven background as a youth worker/volunteer in a field of expertise (communication towards youth, coaching, working with youth…)
- Experienced in creating and adapting visuals and videos with your knowledge of Photoshop, or InDesign, or Première Pro or Canva (minimum requirements) or any other design programs
- Fluent level of Dutch with a good level of English. French is a plus.
- Practical and problem-solving
- You are well organized
- You are a social and positive person
- You are flexible, can deal with last minute changes and work in young people’s free time (weekends, school vacation, some evenings).
- You aim to give youth a voice throughout all the different projects and activities, and you believe in the empowerment, engagement, and mobilization of youth.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Min 3 months internship
- Start date: as soon as possible
- 100% reimbursement of public transport costs (when homeworking is not mandatory).
- A flexible working environment: either from home with all the ad hoc IT equipment, or in our pleasant office in the heart of Brussels (De Brouckère), easily accessible by public transport.
- The chance to learn from experts and potentially develop a career inside the environment sector
- The opportunity to contribute to WWF’s mission in the world and to share our values: Courage, Respect, Integrity, Collaboration.
- Flexible hours (between 8hours and 38h/week) depending on your school schedule.
- Prepared to work sometimes during weekend, evening and vacation.