WWF zoekt Communication Officer - Youth Department
This is an exciting time to join the WWF Youth Department and work for a positive future for nature and people. In recent years, the voice of youth is increasingly present in environmental debates. They are a key factor of change at the economic, societal, and political levels. Youth are driven by action, they are the changemakers who will inspire and influence others to adopt a more sustainable lifestyle.
The Communications Officer will inspire and engage our current and potential young social media followers and raise the voice of youth (6-25 years old) in support of action towards a living planet.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Youth Identity / Brand building
- Working on the new identity of the Youth department, together with the Youth Programs Manager and the Youth team.
- Develop the Youth online communication strategy together with the Youth Programs Manager and the Youth team.
2. Digital Communications
- Create and manage the social media editorial planning (weekly/monthly) while staying agile and taking the pulse of the different Youth channels.
- Effective writer creating engaging content and conversations, adapted to the different audiences (kids, youth, parents, teachers, and partners) and through different Youth channels (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Newsletter, magazine, website, and potential new networks in the future).
- Provides recommendations to improve our departmental newsletters and webpages to make it engaging.
- Responsible for ideating, producing, and editing content featured on Facebook, TikTok, Instagram Reels, and long-form Instagram videos. All with a focus on Youth engagement and audience growth while creating a consistent brand.
- Community management for our Youth channels (comments, private messages, and reactions) to ensure that we speak with One Voice.
- Work in collaboration with the Digital Hub (and/or external agencies) for social media advertising campaigns.
- Reach out to and maintain relationships with influencers (you know the social media landscape).
3. Analysis & Reporting
- Co-monitor activity and results and conduct regular reporting about our Youth social media performance, reveal lessons learned and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Co-manage the annual Youth social media budget.
- Support the Youth team in increasing traffic and conversion rate for existing tools and platforms. Knowledge of SEO, SEA et Google Analytics is a plus.
4. Active member of an active team
- Contribution to the implementation of activities/events (Ranger activities, youth weekends and campaigns, stand for teachers….).
- Being present at our events to create content, draft articles.
- Together with the team, you are on the lookout for interesting opportunities to increase our reach.
- Monitor the budget to ensure support to the Manager of Youth Programs.
- Provide support to the team and other departments as needed.
- You have a Bachelor or Master's degree in Marketing, Communications, Events management, or Public Relations. Digital marketing training or certifications are preferred.
- Good knowledge of today’s social media tools, dos and don'ts, and how to stand out from the crowd.
- A healthy balance between creative and analytical skills.
- An eye for WWF related matters happening in the world and how to make links on social media. Ability to quickly react to trends and create brand-appropriate content on the fly.
- You know how to communicate with youth (6-12 - 16-25 years), you speak their language, know their goals and ambitions and especially, their online attitudes.
- Strong communicator who can flex to fit any platform, media or audience.
- Experienced in creating and adapting visuals and videos with your knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and Première Pro or Canva (minimum requirements).
- You are fluent in French or Dutch, and you have an excellent command of the other; you also have a good command of English. Excellent writing skills (a test will be conducted during the interviews).
- Experience working with Youth is a plus.
- A permanent contract on full-time basis
- An attractive benefits package for the sector including meal vouchers, group insurance, health insurance, 100% reimbursement of the costs of public transport (when homeworking is not mandatory).
- A flexible working environment adapted to COVID restrictions: either from home with all the ad hoc IT equipment, or in our pleasant office in the heart of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport.
- The chance to learn from experts and (further) develop a career inside the environment sector.
- The opportunity to contribute to WWF’s mission in the world and to share our values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, Collaboration.
WWF believes in a future where people and nature thrive, so we’re committed to safeguarding the natural world. WWF harnesses the collective power of supporters around the world, communities, companies and governments to create real solutions for people and the planet.
Interested? Use this link to send your resume and application letter => https://wwf.be/nl/over-wwf-belgie/jobs-en-stages
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.