Too Good To Go zoekt Key Account - Manufacturers
30% of food produced is wasted. We are on a mission to change that.
Too Good To Go is a social impact company, and an ambitious movement to fight against food waste. With our marketplace app, we reduce food waste by making surplus food from cafes, restaurants and supermarkets available to our users. You purchase food through an app, collect locally and enjoy knowing you are saving food, money - and the planet!
We’re growing fast with 16 countries currently active and more coming. But here’s what really matters: through our app, we’ve been saving one meal per second - currently, that means that more than 80 million meals have been saved from the bin!
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Key Account Manager with a passion for tackling food waste in a commercial way. Reporting directly to the Head of Sales, you will be pivotal in driving acquisition and development of partnerships with food producers and manufacturers. You will use your key account experience to continue raising the bar with our top key accounts in Belgium by managing your own portfolio. You will be part of the Global Sales team where best practices and learnings are shared across borders with our tribe of 950 Waste Warriors around the globe.
Sounds like your kind of mission?
Your primary responsibility is to win new key accounts by identifying and researching new opportunities, building rapport with stakeholders and ultimately signing their business up to a partnership with Too Good to Go. You will support these accounts through the onboarding and roll out process and continue to look for ways to strengthen and grow the relationship. You will collaborate with other Key Accounts team members, as well as colleagues across marketing, independent sales, and partner success.
Here is what the role will entail:
- Research: Finding new business and opportunities and mapping accounts organisational hierarchy to create an account stakeholder matrix and planning guide.
- Proactive business development and relationship building: independently and proactively outreach to gain meetings and build rapport with stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Pitching to new partners: creating and delivering high quality and professional presentations to potential new customers, and confidently speaking about the business and food waste proposition.
- Winning new businesses and growing existing accounts to achieve business targets set. Proving the business case with pilots and working with the client to define success metrics with the objective of rolling out.
- Logistics: You will come up with innovative ideas and creative solutions of how and where consumers can pick up surplus food.
- Account Management: oversee the management of your team’s portfolio of key accounts, ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met. You identify new and innovative opportunities to improve existing accounts and help them save more meals and scale the collaboration to increase their impact. Together with your accounts and in close collaboration with the Success and the Marketing teams, you define success metrics and support your partners in every way possible to reach their goals.
- Planning and forecasting: building reports to track performance and identify trends, create financial projections and forecasts for internal planning and commercial proposals.
- You Contribute to the Belgian Key Account strategy and support your team of Key Account Managers
Why you are the Waste Warrior we’re looking for:
- You have a full proficiency in English & Dutch and you are comfortable in French
- You have strong experience working in sales and account management (at least 6 years) and a proven track record of acquiring new key accounts in the food sector.
- You have knowledge of the food producers and manufacturers landscape. You know how to use this knowledge to build strong cases to help these players fight food waste with us.
- You have knowledge of food value chains and understand the key steps in a products' lifetime.
- You are strong in networking and feel at ease talking to people at different levels in partner organizations. You have a proven network within the Food & Beverages Industry.
- You have first class communication skills and you see solutions rather than problems. You are a confident speaker and you can charm potential partners with your natural and professional attitude.
- While you’re a team player, you like to challenge and be challenged - you will play the devil’s advocate and question the status quo if you think your team and our mission will benefit from it.
- You have strong organizational skills. You have an eye for detail, and you will not stop before you are proud of what you have accomplished.
- Your DNA matches ours. You are passionate about fighting food waste, and can’t wait to join us to make an impact!
If you still need more convincing… here is what we have to offer:
- A unique opportunity to work in a social impact organization (and certified B Corporation) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with +1.000 enthusiastic and highly talented waste warriors across 15 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support.
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your potential
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
We know what you’re thinking… “How can I send in my application?”
Do you want to be part of something huge and do you recognize yourself in the above description? We look forward to hearing from you.
We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above, including our requirements.
Apply in English including your CV and cover letter as soon as possible. Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or cover letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.