Teach for Belgium zoekt Digital communication & recruitement officer
DIGITAL COMMUNICATION & RECRUITMENT OFFICER
Start date: As soon as possible – Contract: full time 6 months contract, extendable in permanent contract
Location: BeCentral, Brussels (above the Central Station)
WHAT DOES TEACH FOR BELGIUM DO?
Teach for Belgium is a non-profit organization created in 2013 whose vision is that, one day, all students will have equal opportunities to succeed, regardless of their socio-economical background.
To achieve this vision, Teach for Belgium:
- attracts, selects, trains and supports people committed to teach in the most disadvantaged schools in the country.
- collects and spreads, in collaboration with its community of alumni and educational partners, efficient practices, concrete tools and mindsets that improve student learning outcomes, support positive relationships in education and increase resilience for both students and educational teams.
With a team of around 20 people, we do our best to achieve our mission above and support 279 participants and alumni who are reaching over 15.000 students every school year.
Teach for Belgium is part of the international network Teach for All that is active in 59 countries. Diversity, inclusiveness and equity are central values in our network.
As our digital expert, you are part of the transversal Communication Team and part of the Recruitment & Selection Team. You take the lead on developing the online branding of Teach for Belgium. Passionate about social media, you manage Teach for Belgium’s social media accounts (LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram). As part of the recruitment team, you play a key role in attracting the right profiles to our program.
1/ DIGITAL COMMUNICATION (30%)
Under the supervision of the Communication Lead, as digital communication officer, you are:
- Developing the online branding of Teach for Belgium
- Effectively developing and managing creative content (visuals, videos, posts, blog articles, etc. )
- Keeping up to date and following trends regarding content, conversations, topics, events and news
- Launching, designing and monitoring our different Newsletters
- Evaluating the impact of your actions in order to continuously learn and improve
2/ SOCIAL MEDIA LEAD (30%)
Under the supervision of the Communication Lead, you are taking the lead on managing our social media accounts. To do so you are:
- Managing from A to Z social media campaigns: from the concept idea to its evaluation
- Reaching out to the internal team for content ideas
- Gathering ideas and, together with the Communication Lead, making a calendar proposition to the Communication Team. This calendar will be based on the communication needs of the months and on the social media strategy.
- Creating the copy and designs of posts and blog articles (FR/NL/ENG)
- Finalising the calendar and following-up with the right persons for copy and design if needed
- Planning all posts in the Creator Studio or via Hootsuite
- Managing, monitoring and engaging with the community daily: following-up on comments, direct messages, shares, etc. You develop a strategy in order to maximise engagement and activation
- Managing punctual social media events: Instagram Take-overs, Special Months, etc.
- Making a clear reporting at the end of each month. Based on the reporting, you are making recommendations to improve the social media strategy
3/ DIGITAL RECRUITMENT (40%)
Under the supervision of the Head of Recruitment & Selection, as online recruiter, you are:
- Promoting our program on websites & social media
- Proactively identifying and connecting with potential candidates via social media
- Developing a strong online recruitment strategy
- Representing the Recruitment and Selection team within the transversal Communication team by making sure that both teams have the right information to guarantee a smooth collaboration
- In charge of creating creative content (videos, visuals, blog posts …) to support the recruitment strategy
- Evaluating the impact of your actions in order and continuously learn and improve
THE NEW COLLEAGUE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Qualification & experience:
No specific degrees required but we are looking for someone who has are real feeling with the digital world, social media and who already has significant experience in:
- managing social media accounts
- designing impactful content (use of Canva / creation of videos/ …)
- running effective social media campaigns
Talents & Competences
- You are aligned with Teach for Belgium’s vision and mission and want to contribute actively towards its realisation
- You understand the cultural and socio-economic context the youngsters we support are confronted with
- You are fluent in Dutch and can manage social media content in French & English
- You are a team player but you can also work independently
- You are proactive, creative, solution-oriented and accountable
- You have strong organisational skills
- You enjoy managing projects and you are able to coordinate different people working on a same topic
- You are positive, curious and willing to learn
In order to reflect better the society we are living in, Teach for Belgium strongly encourages people with diverse background (e.g. economic, cultural, ethnic, religious, ...) to apply.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are pleased to offer you :
- To join a compelling organisation with a meaningful societal impact
- To be part of a dynamic and growing team
- An exciting job with varied responsibilities in a national and international energizing working environment
- A role in which you will get to be in close collaboration with all departments of Teach for Belgium, the Teach for Belgium community and our international network Teach for All
- Various opportunities for professional and personal development to become proficient at all aspects of your job
- A competitive salary for the non-profit sector with extra-legal benefits such as an hospitalisation insurance, lunch allowance, reimbursement of transportation expenses etc.
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW!
Please send us your application (cover letter & CV in NL or English) before June 10th to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “Digital Communication & Recruitment officer”. Applications will be reviewed mid-June and you will get an answer before June 22nd. Interviews will be organised end of June/early July.