Phenix zoekt Marketing and Communication Manager
The company: Phenix is the leading start-up fighting food waste in Europe, with more than 100 millions meals saved since its creation in 2014, thanks to a great network of professionals and committed citizens.
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Availability: April 2021
Job type: Full-time permanent contract
Do you want to join an ambitious entrepreneurial project that has a solid structure of social entrepreneurship?
Join Phenix to help limit waste among our clients, support food aid actors and participate in the transition to a circular economy to stop feeding the garbage cans. Determined to build a world without waste, the 190 Phenicians imagine and implement innovative solutions so that unsold products never become waste. 3 TechForGood products allow us to give a second life to unsold products and aim for Zero
● SaaS BtoB platform to digitalize donations to charities.
● A consumer mobile app enabling consumers to buy end-of-life products at a minimum price
● A digital tool to control expiration dates and rotation on the shelves: Phenix Date
We launched our App in Belgium a few weeks ago, starting operating in Brussels. We’re looking for a Communication and Marketing manager, being a native Dutch speaker, to help us spread the anti-waste message.
You’re in charge of Phenix’s awareness and brand image in Belgium. On and offline, your job is to make us known.
Global brand strategy is defined by central teams in Paris. Your role is to adapt it locally, and promote it in Belgium.
Community management (50%)
● Set-up and implement Phenix's social network strategy (editorial planning, language elements, etc.)
● Lead daily communications on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin and respond to members' requests.
● Establish Phenix as a key player in Circular Economy landscape: Communication around the news of Phenix and the food waste community: regulatory changes, team success, new application features, events, recruitment, …
● Create content for members to enrich Phenix communication, in collaboration with the rest of the Communication and Marketing team: photo, video, infographics, articles
● Imagine & set up partnerships with attractive brands who share our values (mailing , sortings & contests with gifts...)
● Set up the influence strategy on social media (paid partnerships)
● Organize impactful events, and bring the community together (Food waste meetups, DIY workshops, marauders with Phenix partner associations...)
PR: relations with the press & medias (25%)
● Manage our relationship with a PR agency : set up the key B2B and B2C messages and the objectives, then follow-up on a daily basis (check press releases, brief regularly on Phenix news, follow up the results...)"
● Help the country manager to be an influent spokesperson of the company.
● GuidePhenix through startup contests (Green Startups, Retail Startups...) to increase awareness and recognition
Marketing and growth are handled by French teams. They manage online paid acquisition, marketing automation and product updates but will need your help to adapt them to your country’s specs.
● Translate and proofread marketing materials
● Adapt POS & sales materials (flyers, brochures, posters, business cards) to your country’s needs
● Manage local and event-related notifications to our users
● Help the marketing team to adapt their ads and campaigns to your local specificities
● Be a source of feedbacks and proposals to help marketing’s team being efficient in your country
● Conduct local market studies and user studies to adapt the strategy to local insights
● Account marketing : Be the interlocutor of our key accounts when it comes to marketing and communication (creating contents, develop the partnership)
● 2+ years of proven content creation experience, preferably in B2C Mobile App
● Native Dutch speaker
● Strong interpersonal skills - you will need to work with different departments simultaneously, so you must accurately convey ideas to others and work collaboratively to get things done
● A taste for networking and participation to events and meetups
● A love for the written word and a strong attention to detail
● A good sense of creativity
● Excellent verbal and written communication in English
● You are a Zero-Waste and circular economy enthousiast !
Send CV to email@example.com
First round interview with Augustin & communication team
HR + Country Manager interview