Greenpeace Belgium zoekt Head of campaigns & investigations
raf.drijvers [at] greenpeace.org
Greenpeace is a movement of people who are passionate about defending the natural world from destruction. Our vision is a greener, safer and more equitable planet, one that can sustain life for generations to come. More info about who we are here!
The job, on a daily:
- You organize and take part in regular 1 on 1 and team meetings to motivate and empower your team of 8 employees to learn and grow. You set up their yearly objectives and review them regularly. You ensure that everyone is evaluated fairly.
- You make sure our campaign projects are running smoothly by enabling decision making methods, managing expectations, mediating where needed and making people feel good in their role without losing focus on the campaign objectives.
- You create a working environment where people feel safe enough to think out of the box, where people feel empowered, appreciated and motivated to achieve Greenpeace’s goals.
We are looking for:
- A people manager with an approach that is based on empathy, coaching, listening, empowering, and co-creation with the members of the team,
- You may not be an expert yourself, but you excel in strategic thinking. You can follow along and understand the connections between environmental issues and societal/social issues which makes you the perfect sparring partner for campaigners & investigators.
- You are self aware and comfortable with topics such as: anti-racism, environmental and climate justice, disability rights, gender justice, class discrimination, and staff inclusiveness which makes you a leader in building internal awareness and intersectional campaign and investigation strategies.
- You have the ability to further develop people's expertise and see the big picture, identifying relationships between strategies and maintaining an overview.
- You are confident in English, have a basic knowledge of French or Dutch or the willingness to learn.
We will give:
- A full-time (38 hrs/week) permanent contract,
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment,
- Interesting additional benefits (meal vouchers, an end of year prime, hospitalisation insurance and additional holidays),
- An extensive wellbeing package,
- A 60% Teleworking policy,
- Gross salary based on experience (E.g. 4.016 € with 5 years experience, 4.466 € with 10 years and 4.893 € with 15 years).
How to apply:
Everybody is welcome at Greenpeace, no matter who you are, where you come from, or what you look like. Our mission is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented in our organization, the more we can create an organization who leverages its purpose to champion our mission while ensuring a more inclusive workplace that is a fulfilling place to work at.