CIFAL Flanders zoekt Trainee Communication
Duration: Six months
Period: August 2021 - February 2022 (negotiable)
Location: Antwerp (Coveliersgebouw, Boomgaardstraat 22, 2018 Antwerp)
Remuneration: The Flanders Trainee Programme assists in subsidies.
More information available through www.fdfa.be/ftp
- You must be younger than 35 years at the starting date of the work placement
- You must be holder of a final diploma, obtained at an institution of secondary or higher education, financed or subsidised by the Flemish Community.
How to apply: To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Mathilde Van Caeckenbergh firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 13 June 2021
Contact person: Mathilde Van Caeckenbergh, Project Manager, Phone: +32 472 53 91 16, E-mail: email@example.com
Description of our organisation
CIFAL Flanders is the International Training Centre for Authorities and Leaders affiliated with UNITAR and located in Antwerp. CIFAL Flanders is one of the 22 international training centers of the CIFAL Global Network, the principal training arm of the United Nations, with headquarters in Geneva. CIFAL Flanders is a centre of expertise on the SDGs offering trainings, project development and coaching.
Our mission is to promote peace, human rights & sustainable development, and the declarations, principles, and guidelines of the United Nations, with a focus on the Agenda 2030 and its Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). CIFAL Flanders conducts Action Learning training to empower leaders in society and to link theory to practice in national and subnational policies, local authorities, trade unions, civil society, academia, and businesses. The power of action learning is built on a process combining theory with practice during an interactive peer-to-peer visit, during which CIFAL Flanders will be working on real challenges.
Detailed description of the tasks assigned
CIFAL Flanders has the ambition to be the benchmark in terms of Action Learning for Sustainability Leadership: innovative and practical learning and training methods for business ethics and sustainability, complementary to existing academic and business school programs, within the business community, governments, civil society, trade unions, and the academic world. Our organization is characterized by a wide range of impact-driven projects and activities.
We are currently seeking a Trainee Communication to assist with the organization’s strategic and operational communication activities. The internship offers a learning opportunity in a small and motivated team for a graduate who is interested in Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development as well as in dealing with governments, companies, civil society, the academic world, and the United Nations.
The candidate will be assigned the following tasks as a Trainee Communication:
- Converting our core mission, throughout all our activities, into a clear communication strategy (both internal & external). You translate the strategy into goals and a communication plan with accompanying actions.
- Be jointly responsible for the strategic execution of CIFAL Flanders’ communication plan.
- Your responsibilities include managing the website, the monthly newsletter, social media, and other relevant communication channels.
- Some of our projects require an active marketing and/or communication approach in order to achieve their objectives. You support the project managers in setting up a successful strategy for their projects.
- Monitoring relevant news and keep a good overview of the sustainable development landscape.
- Assist staff with administrative and other tasks as needed.
Specific requirements for this internship:
Academic qualification: University degree preferably at Masters level or equivalent in Communication Management, Public Relations, (Digital) Marketing, or in any other related field relevant to the themes addressed by the offer.
Language skills: Excellent in written and spoken Dutch, French and English. A native French speaker is an important asset.
Computer literacy: Knowledge of IT and database management (Teamleader, Monday), website management (Wordpress), graphic design programs (InDesign, Adobe Illustrator), MS Office (Word, Outlook, Publisher) and social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook).
Work experience (is not required, but is an asset): Communication, corporate social responsibility and/or business ethics and/or sustainability labeling systems and/or stakeholder management and/or company foundations; Experience in organizing large events would be an asset as well as experience in an international work environment.
Additional skills/requirements: Excellent analytical and organizational skills, proven ability to work in a multicultural environment, good team orientation, ability to multitask.